Volunteers are integral to the success of Peter’s Place in carrying out its mission and vision. Peter’s Place values the time, talent, knowledge and commitment contributed by our volunteers. We value volunteering as an opportunity for people to connect, engage and discover joint solutions. We are committed to offering our volunteers appropriate and meaningful responsibilities, suitable orientation and training, effective leadership, evaluation and recognition. Volunteers are expected to perform their duties to the best of their abilities and to be ambassadors of the initiative, dedicated to the mission and vision of Peter’s Place.
Our volunteers come to us for many reasons, such as:
- Being part of a caring community
- Making a difference in the life of a child in a permanent and meaningful way
- Contributing to a unique program in our community
- Gaining skills and experience working with children and families
- Learning about oneself and finding ways to make meaning of loss — and treasure life!
Volunteer Grief Facilitators
Peter’s Place offers intensive training to volunteers to prepare them to be grief facilitators. Our volunteer grief facilitators develop a special bond with the children and families that benefit from their dedication. It is an experience that is both meaningful and broadening. It is sensitive work and there are special requirements for this wonderful group of people:
Peter’s Place Grief Facilitator Volunteer Requirements:
- Pre-training interview
- 28 hours of training provided by Peter’s Place staff
- $100 training fee (waived for students and those with economic limitation)
- Criminal record check
- Child abuse history clearance
- Confidentiality agreement
If you are interested in applying to become a Volunteer Grief Facilitator, please click here to download our volunteer application. Completed applications should be emailed to Kimberly Nelson, Director of On-Site Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Peter’s Place, Attn: Kimberly Nelson, 336 King of Prussia Road, Radnor, PA 19087 by July 31st.